Sunday, February 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Audrey!!!!

DSC00321DSC00317DSC00322DSC00339DSC00342DSC00302DSC00289DSC00277DSC00345DSC00361DSC00375DSC00391

DSC00403

DSC00285

DSC00310

Audrey turned two years old on December 26th.  I absolutely cannot believe she is already two.  The past two years with her have been the best of our lives and they have gone by so quickly!  We are so excited to see her grow into a beautiful little girl, but there is a little part of us that longs to keep her our baby forever.  I guess that is what it’s like being a parent and I am so blessed to be able to experience it with Audrey. 

Dora the Explorer was our party theme and Audrey loves nothing more than Dora right now, so she was in heaven.  All our favorite people were able to come which made the day even more special.

Here are some things Audrey is up to at age two.  She loves Dora the Explorer as I mentioned earlier and also Max and Ruby.  Those are her favorite cartoons.  She loves, loves, loves playing with her dolls and with her kitchen set.  She also loves to clean.  Audrey helps me sweep and dust around the house all the time.  She even has her own vacuum which she uses when I use mine.  Audrey adores Buddy and he loves her too.  Every night she has to give him a hug and kiss before she goes to sleep.  They are great playmates.  Audrey also loves to play with all her cousins and her little Aunt Hope. 

She talks all the time and speaks very clearly, which is surprising because she does keep her pacifier in her mouth as much as possible  We try to make her take it out when she talks though, so maybe that has helped.  Already I have gotten some criticism about the fact that  Audrey still has her paci.  We do plan to take it away from her at some point, but right now, I am okay with it.  It is something that is soothing and comforting to her and we will transition away from it when I feel it will be least traumatic for her.  We are working on potty training but have not made a lot of progress yet.  I am thinking when the weather gets a little warmer and we aren’t always so bundled up in layers of clothing we will get a little more serious about it. 

At her two year check-up, Audrey weighed 28.5 lbs and was about 32 inches tall.  She is now in the 50th percentile for both weight and height.  Everyone says she seems to be “slimming down.”  Her hair is still curly, but getting a little straighter on the top and front, so I am thinking the curls won’t last. I know I am a little biased, but I am certain she is the most adorable little girl in the world. 

Personality wise, Audrey is Audrey!  She is like no one else.  She is strong-willed, dramatic, a little stubborn (a lot actually), but also so sweet, tender, and loveable. She is very  affectionate.  Audrey is funny and loves to make you laugh and she loves to laugh herself.  When she laughs, you can’t help but laugh with her. 

So that’s a little about our Audrey Elizabeth. I could go on and on and on and on about her, but I will spare you. 

Happy 2nd Birthday, Audrey.  We love you so very, very much!  You have been the sweetest blessing to our lives and we are so thankful for you!

No comments: