Saturday, February 5, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

DSC00136DSC00125DSC00134DSC00068DSC00034DSC00083DSC00035DSC00104DSC00007

Christmas Eve with my side of the family was the kick-off for our holiday celebrations this year.  As usual, we spent time at my parents house.  This year we all attended the Christmas Eve candlelight service at their church.  It was beautiful. Then we dinner at mom and dad’s, dessert at my grandma’s with even more family, and then back to my parents to open lots and lots of presents.  Audrey had a ball!  Before we open presents, Dad always reads us the story of Jesus’ birth from the Bible.  He has done this as long as I can remember and it is such a precious tradition for us.  Even the kids seems to know it’s important and sit still and listen. It was a tough year for us with Wade not being there.  He has been a part of my Christmas Eve since I was a little kid.  We all did our very best to make this Christmas special and we have all learned a whole lot this year about treasuring the time we have together, so that’s what we did.  Unfortunately, I did not get as many good pictures as I would have liked.  Keeping up with a two year old during Christmas is a full-time job!

No comments: