Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rodeo

I’m finally trying to do some catching up on my blogging.  So here are some pictures from Rodeo at the end of July. Every year, we make all try to make to the Rodeo at least once. Now, I am not exactly always excited about this little excursion, but it usually ends up being fun.  Audrey really loved it and this year was her first rodeo experience.  I’ve gotten out it the past couple of years because Audrey was too young to enjoy it, but this year, there was no getting out of it.  Hope and Sunnie talked about it so much that Audrey was bound and determined to go.  Plus, my nephew was riding his horse, Dixie, in the grand entry. 

So off we went to the Rodeo.  Audrey was such a good girl at the Rodeo!  I was worried that she would not want to sit in the stands and watch the whole thing, but she did.  She loves cows and horses and she just sat there like a big girl.  Toward the end of the night, seeing kids walk back and forth in front of us with glow in the dark toys and necklaces and anything else you can think of got to be a little too much for her.  So Misty and Sunnie went down to get a little something for Audrey and Heath.  And what did they come back with……glow-in-the dark, flashing pacifiers!  You have got to be kidding me….but Audrey thought it was about the coolest thing she had ever seen in her life, so we just had fun with it. 

It ended up being a really fun night, even for the end of July, in Texas, during the hottest summer ever!  I think it was probably at least 100 throughout the entire event, at least until dark, then it might have cooled down to 98 or so.  But we toughed it out.  And glad we did because we got to see Tyler ride Dixie in the Grand Entry and just a month or so later, poor Dixie developed some health problems and now resides in horsey heaven.  I just hate that I didn’t get a decent picture of those two that night, but I am sure my mom or sisters did.

034

036039044042

037015

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I LOVE rodeos!!! Looks like fun times!